As part of comprehensive medical marketing practices and strategies, pay per click advertising is a cost-effective way to grow your business.
When used in conjunction with other online marketing tactics, it will give you the most bang for your advertising buck.
What Is Pay Per Click?
Pay per click (PPC) is a method of advertising online. Each time a potential customer clicks on an ad the advertiser pays a small fee. In effect, you are buying visits to your company's website. The beauty of pay per click advertising is that your business only pays when a consumer clicks on their ad, instead of just buying an all-purpose ad that is virtually ignored by your target audience.
Reasons To Utilize PPC
• Immediate traffic to your website. PPC allows you to display your ad at the very top of appropriate search results.
• Your medical practice is in complete control of your ad copy.
• Search engines routinely change their algorithms for organic search results. Pay per click advertising is not affected by these arbitrary changes.
• Pay per click advertising combined with SEO content allows your website to rank at the very top of the search results. This will result in much more traffic to your practice's website.
• Your ads will only display in the search results for people in your targeted geographical area. This is a cost-effective way to target potential new patients.
When a customer clicks on an ad, half of your advertising goal is accomplished; you have already persuaded your potential patient to visit your web page, now you have to persuade them to make their first appointment.
Medical Marketing Practices And Solutions
Your practice needs to have a comprehensive inbound marketing strategy. Along with pay per click advertising, you also need great content on your website that has been search engine optimized to drive potential patients there organically.
Great content serves the purpose of setting you up as an authority in your field and generates greater trust in your and the services you provide.
Mobile Friendly Is No Longer A Luxury
Your website needs to be responsive to a variety of devices, especially tablets, and smartphones. More and more people are using their mobile devices when they click on an ad. Another thing to keep in mind is a mobile optimized web site results in more phone calls made to your practice. 70% of the people using mobile searches will call directly from a google search. When your practice utilizes this precise blend of advertising tactics the results can be phenomenal.
Pay per click advertising should be a key player in your medical marketing strategy. When it is done correctly, and in conjunction with having a website that displays exceptional content, you will see results.